What information do we collect?
This Policy applies to all information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (you), whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not (Personal Information) that is collected online by us.
We collect Personal Information from you when you register on our site or fill out an application form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter the following types of Personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, gender, relationship and other family details, bank details and other financial information. When you are completing our automated application form, you will need to accept our separate privacy terms and conditions before you proceed.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously, or using a pseudonym, except to the extent required by law, or when it is deemed impractical for you to use our services and do so.
What do we use your information for?
We will only use your Personal Information when that information is ‘reasonably necessary’ to enable us to carry out our primary function of providing a loan service to you.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions. When we process transactions on your behalf, your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To deal with complaints. If you lodge a complaint with us, we will use your Personal Information to assist us in dealing with, and responding to your complaint.
How do we protect your information?
We take reasonable steps to:
- protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- ensure that our system is appropriately backed-up to prevent the loss of your Personal Information; and
- destroy or de-identify your Personal Information when we no longer require it.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information online. Some of these security measures include the following:
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database, which is only to be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it) that enables the site or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. However, visitor information other than Personal Information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
This policy applies to all information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (you), whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not (Personal Information) that is collected, stored, use and disclosed by James Smith Academy.
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect always includes your name and can include your current address, previous addresses, email address, date of birth, gender, marital status, driver’s license number, telephone/mobile numbers, financial information (including credit history), bank account and credit card details, place of employment, position within the organisation, personal references and products and services we provide to you. To the extent permitted by law, you have the option of remaining anonymous, or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us. However, if you choose not to allow us to collect this personal information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require. For legal reasons this information may need to be held by us after your account has been finalised.
How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect Personal Information from you directly, unless it is deemed unreasonable and impractical to do so.
Ownright Pty Ltd collects personal information in a variety of ways. Predominantly we will collect information directly from you either by telephone, in person or in documentation such as your application form. There may be occasions when we collect information from publicly available sources or third parties such as a referee provided by you, a credit reporting agency or insurer of your household contents. Before we obtain Personal Information about you from a third-party, such as described above, we will notify you of our intentions and seek your consent.
How we use personal information?
The primary use of the personal information we collect about you is to assess your application and manage your account with us. This involves:
- conducting credit reference checks;
- providing you with the products and services you require;
- administering your account;
- billing and collection of debts; or
- servicing our relationship with you.
In addition, we may use your personal information for research and development of our products or to send you information about other products and services, which we provide, which may be of interest to you.
We take reasonable steps to:
- protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- ensure that our system of collecting information is appropriate, to prevent the loss of your Personal Information; and
- destroy or de-identify your Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Disclosure of personal information
We may use or disclose your personal information to organisations outside Ownright Pty Ltd, for purposes relating to the management of your account with us. Such organisations include:
- mailing systems;
- maintenance and repair services;
- debt recovery operations;
- market research;
- credit reporting agencies;
- our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers, auditors; and
- credit providers.
We require these organisations to adhere to strict confidentiality about your personal information and seek to ensure that they adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles.
Credit reporting obligations
As noted above, we may disclose your personal information to a credit reporting body or be used for the purpose of assessing your eligibility to receive credit pursuant to our services.
As such, we also comply with all of our credit reporting obligations under Part IIIA of the Privacy Act, and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code 2014. Our Credit Reporting Policy can be found at the following link: www.funda.com.au/credit-reporting-policy/.
It is your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Ownright Pty Ltd disclaims all liability in relation to your use of this website, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage howsoever caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with use of this website;
- Any special, indirect, exemplary, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (whether that liability arises under contract, tort or statute), including without limitation, loss of revenue and loss of or damage to data, suffered or incurred in connection with this website; or
- Interference or damage to your computer systems in connection with use of this website or an external site.
Standard Credit Approval Process
All applications for credit made via this website are subject to and must comply with standard credit approval criteria.
PO Box 290 The Junction, NSW 2291 Australia Email: [email protected]
Standard credit approval criteria and terms and conditions apply. Australian credit licence 437240 | ABN 14161568994 © Copyright 2018 Ownright PTY LTD trading as FUNDA